Book logo xindy

A Flexible Indexing System

Re: markup rules question

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 11:51:50AM +0100, Roger Kehr wrote:
> Vladimir Volovich writes:
>  >
>  > First, a minor bug: xindy refuses to accept filenames starting
>  > with a dot, as filenames with raw index. E.g.:
>  >
> Indeed there are some problems with the file I/O. In addition it seems
> that xindy cannot handle AFS directories that contain something like
> "...".

"It's not a bug, it's a feature."

The CLISP Implementation Notes (http://clisp.sourceforge.net/impnotes.html)
Section 19.2.1: Pathname Components
say:

"...

A UNIX filename is split into name and type according to the following rule:
 - if there is no '.' in the filename, then the name is everything,
   type is nil;
 - if there is a '.', then name is the part before and type the part
   after the last dot.

..."

It's stupid, but the only solution seems to be to avoid filenames which have
a dot at the beginning.

--
Thomas Henlich