Book logo xindy

A Flexible Indexing System

Re: Problems while building xindy

"Stephan E. Schlierf" <stephan.schlierf@cse.de> writes:

> Hello there,
>
> while trying to build xindy 2.0b (I
> downloaded xindy-2.0b-i386-linux-elf.tar.gz and
> xindy-2.0b.tar.gz from the Dante ftp server) on a SuSE Linux 6.0 I get the
> following error after a "make all":
>
> cc -O2 tex2xindy.c -o tex2xindy -lfl
> /usr/lib/libfl.a(libmain.o): In function `main':
> libmain.o(.text+0x1): undefined reference to `yylex'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [tex2xindy] Error 1
>
> What am I doing wrong?
> TIA
> Stephan

Hi Stephan,

the missing reference yylex should be contained in the source
file tex2xindy.c. This file is generated by lex using the
input tex2xindy.l, which is also part of the distribution.

Therefore, I suppose, the generation of tex2xindy.c failed in your
installation. Please check, if tex2xindy.c is a valid C source file.

Have a look at Makefile.in in the directory xindy-2.0b/src. YouŽll
find there all the statements necessary for building tex2xindy.
You find the installation dependent stuff for lex in
Makefile.platform.

CU
Joerg