Book logo xindy

A Flexible Indexing System

Xindy as BibTeX

Hi. I recently started using Xindy as the main tool for TeX indexing. I
liked it very much, and I have a suggestion: I think that with a little
tweaking on the code or something we should be able to use Xindy as a
replacement of BiBTeX. If we can do that, then we could use Xindy
capabilities to format entries, citations and so on using the same
framework (instead of having to learn bibtex syntax). Are there any
efforts on the subject?

regards,

--
Cesar Augusto Rorato Crusius      o__     o__     o__     o__     o__
Stanford University               ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_